[vtkusers] Qt+VKT Problem

Fabian Lecron fabian_lecron at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 15 08:47:33 EST 2011

Hello,

I am trying to make an application combining Qt and VTK. My goal is to display a 3D Model in a QVTKWidget. I have successfully installed Qt 4.7.0 and VTK 5.6.1. I have also compiled the example "SimpleView" in the directory "VTK/Examples/GUI/Qt/SimpleView". This application works fine and displays the text "VTK and Qt!". But if replace the vtkVectorText in the source code by :
vtkBYUReader *import = vtkBYUReader::New();
import->SetFileName("Modele.g");

The QVTKWidget remains black and does not display my 3D model. This problem appears on Ubuntu 10.10. If I compile on Windows 7, I don't have this problem. I have already tried to compile with Qt 4.6.2 and VTK 5.4.2 but it's always the same problem. I have disabled the "ubuntu effects", installed the lastest Nvidia driver, to run my application with the option "-graphicssystem raster"...with no result.

I don't know if it is relevant but if I install the paraview package from the ubuntu repositories, I have the same problem...Paraview can't display my 3D Model. However, if I download the compiled version of Paraview on the official Website, it works fine !

Thank you for your help.