[vtkusers] Visualization of an image + depth map

David E DeMarle dave.demarle at kitware.com
Mon Feb 7 07:31:49 EST 2011

Probably the most straightforward way is to read the RGB image into an
vtkImageData with the depth information included or added in as an
additional array (either as part of the same file or by reading that
from a secondary file and then vtkImageAppending attributes to put
them together). Finally apply the vtkWarpScalar filter to stretch it
out in the Z direction.

See: http://www.vtk.org/doc/nightly/html/classvtkWarpScalar.html

Try it out in ParaView, it should only take a couple of minutes to see
if it works to your liking.

David E DeMarle
Kitware, Inc.
R&D Engineer