[vtkusers] Visualization of an image + depth map

Stefan Walk stefan.walk+vtk at gmail.com
Mon Feb 7 06:52:12 EST 2011

Hi,

I'm looking for a way to visualize an image (dimensions somewhere between 640x480  and 1280x960) from a calibrated camera + a dense depth map (estimated from a stereo pair). With this information, i can compute the 3D coordinates of the regions that produced each pixel, and I'd like to visualize that. Ideally, when the virtual camera is positioned like the physical camera was, the visualization should just look like the image, and the 3d structure becomes apparent when moving the camera. Does VTK provide a convenient way to do that (I'm completely unfamiliar with it, I'm looking for the right tools to do this task now)? If yes, are there examples that are close to what I want to do?

Best regards,
Stefan