[vtkusers] vtkChartXY with inverted vtkAxis labels

Joseph Melnyk JMelnyk at pile.com
Thu Feb 3 15:36:00 EST 2011

-----Original Message-----
From: Marcus D. Hanwell [mailto:marcus.hanwell at kitware.com]
Sent: Thursday, February 03, 2011 2:01 PM
To: Joseph Melnyk
Cc: vtkusers at vtk.org
Subject: Re: [vtkusers] vtkChartXY with inverted vtkAxis labels

> Great to hear, I suspected some kind of issue with your build but was unfamiliar with the wrapping you were using.

Unfortunately, one item small remains: shadows for vtkTextActors within the vtkChart no longer work.  Previously I could do vtkAxis->GetTitleProperties()->ShadowOn() and the shadow would appear.  It works fine with vtkTextActors elsewhere, but not for the vtkChart's title nor the vtkAxis items within.  I've tried this with both my VS 2010 and 2008 builds and the result is the same.

> You may be interested in the recently open sourced ActiViz.NET bindings too.
> This was previously a commercial offering to bring VTK to .NET. I have never used .NET or C#, but
> there are certainly others on here who do.

I saw that and am certainly going to look into it; although my code base is probably too significant to migrate at this point.

__Scanned by MessageLabs