[vtkusers] Running a .vtk file

Anuradha Madugalla anuradhamadugalla at gmail.com
Sat Dec 31 04:58:06 EST 2011

Well.... I'm doing a final year project on facial reconstruction. So
basically what i want to do is to reconstruct the face from a 3D model of
the skull I have. I ran the spikeF.tcl file inside the
"Examples\VisualizationAlgorithms\Tcl" folder and it works fine.. Like in
that example I need to mark certain points on the skull and then based on
them to have skin of face created. Like the way the frogs skeleton is
overlaid with the skin..

That is what i want to use VTK for.. Yeah as u said i can run the tcl
scripts. But cant run the VTK files. You have asked me to try Devide
Runtime Environment or pythonxy with the vtk plugin. Are both these for
python codes?
I mean i'm confused... Tcl/tk is a standalone language right? I mean I cud
run those codes without needing to install anythin else. But from what u
are saying, i understand as if I hv to use python or some other language
for VTK..
I might have got you wrong. And as i said i'm completly new to this. So can
u explain this to me?

--
Anuradha :)