[vtkusers] Running a .vtk file

Martijn de Greef m.d.greef at gmail.com
Sat Dec 31 04:39:51 EST 2011

Hey Anuradha,

The best way to get started with .vtk depends on your (future) goals. With
the windows installer from vtk.org I think you can run the tcl examples
like you also found from the textbook. Alternatively you could have a look
at Devide Runtime Environment that for example allows you to run vtk python
code without the hassle of setting path/environment variables. Another
option would be to install pythonxy with the vtk plugin.

Regards,

Martijn