[vtkusers] Rendering directly from GPU memory buffer?

Siddharth Vikal siddharthvikal at gmail.com
Tue Dec 20 05:05:35 EST 2011

Hi,

I have certain cuda code that performs pre-processing on the image data
using GPU. As of now, to render it using VTK, I bring the image data into
vtkImageData pointer, then use mapper, actor2D to render it. This is not
optimal though considering at the last step of rendering, the texture will
be copied onto GPU again.

Thus, my question is: Is there a way, that I can direcly render my
pre-processed image data already on GPU memory without bringing it back to
CPU in vtk pipeline?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

regards,
Siddharth