[vtkusers] java / vtk demo and initial render

Lubos Brieda lbrieda at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 16 10:30:45 EST 2011

Hi folks, I just posted a tutorial and a sample code for using VTK with Java. The code is based on the SimpleVTK.java example, but I extended it to make it more applicable to scientific computing. You an see the article at http://www.particleincell.com/2011/vtk-java-visualization.

There is a little bug in the program that may not be specific to Java. If I am not mistaken, I used to see the same issue when coupling VTK with QT. Sometimes (but not always) on the initial render, the render window show up instantaneously but immediately disappears and you end up with a blank gray box instead. The window, along with all the actors, reappears upon the first interaction. It then stays on fine. Any ideas what is causing this and how to mitigate it?

Thanks!

--
Lubos Brieda
@particleincell