[vtkusers] Black spots while rendering a polydata mesh

chytu chyt_n_ya at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 8 10:49:08 EST 2011

Hi,

I am trying to see a polydata mesh in VTK. I get a lot of black spots all
over the mesh while displaying it like shown in the bottom part of the
screenshot below:

http://vtk.1045678.n5.nabble.com/file/n5059203/shoe23.png

But when I saved it to ply format and view it using Meshlab (with light on),
the mesh appears clean like shown in the top part. So, I tried using
vtkSceneLight to get the same effect but failed. How do I remove those black
spots all over the scene?

Thanks,
Chytu.