[vtkusers] vtkRendererSource problem

dev work2compilation at gmail.com
Thu Dec 1 10:39:42 EST 2011

Hi everyone,

I'm using vtkRendererSource class to extract a depth map of a 3D object. As
described in the documentation. Here:
http://davis.lbl.gov/Manuals/VTK-4.5/classvtkRendererSource.html

vtkRendererSource takes as input a vtkrendrer object:

//renderer
vtkSmartPointer<vtkRenderer> renderer =vtkSmartPointer<vtkRenderer>::New();
//a vtkrendererSource
vtkSmartPointer<vtkRendererSource> renderSource =
vtkSmartPointer<vtkRendererSource>::New();
 renderSource->SetInput(renderer);// to specify which data we want to use

No to extract Depth values, which is optionnaly, as described briefly in the
documentation, is a mestery for me. And know how to do this?
In a nutshell, after  grabbing the Zbuffer, I want to save them as an image

Any help will be appreciated
All best