[vtkusers] Generate in-memory JPEG images in Python

Shead, Timothy tshead at sandia.gov
Mon Aug 29 23:18:21 EDT 2011

Gang:

I'm experimenting with generating an offscreen JPEG image on a web-server using VTK and Python, but I'm hung-up on how to convert the vtkUnsignedCharArray returned by vtkJPEGWriter::GetResult() into a Python string or buffer.  Any thoughts?  I see that it's easy to create a numpy array that points to the same memory, maybe there's something I could do with it?

Many thanks,
Tim

Timothy M. Shead
Sandia National Laboratories
1461, Scalable Analysis and Visualization