[vtkusers] Picker problem with ATI driver on Windows

Bellon, Carsten carsten.bellon at bam.de
Wed Aug 24 15:22:04 EDT 2011

I'm using VTK 5.6.1 and have a Program with two VTK render windows. On both renderers I display the same (one) texture. In one of the render windows I use a vtkPropPicker. By calling PickProp (at positions on the texture) this causes render problems at te reder window where I'm picking (all rendered objects disappear) and the following VTK log:

ERROR: In ..\..\vtk-5.6.1\Rendering\vtkWin32OpenGLRenderWindow.cxx, line 217
vtkWin32OpenGLRenderWindow (054E0CF0): Attempting to call MakeCurrent for a different window than the one doing the picking, this can causes crashes and/or bad pick results

This problem we have only on Windows with an ATI card (we tested an different cards and driver versions). We have no problems with the same cards on Linux, and also not with other graphic cards (intel onboard ...) on Windows, Linux & Mac.

Thanks for any help,
Carsten
--
Dr.-Ing.         BAM Berlin * 8.36 * D-12200 Berlin
Carsten Bellon   Tel/Fax: ++49 30 8104-3658 / -1837