[vtkusers] DICOM Image

Sathish Kumar kingvsk at aol.com
Mon Aug 22 06:25:13 EDT 2011

*Note:
Please add "vtkusers at vtk.org" <mailto:vtkusers at vtk.org> in your mails
then only it will reach all vtk users.*

Hi Fanny,

I hope that you already build VTK.

Check out the following link for examples.
http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK/Examples/Cxx
Mainly check the Read DICOM file
<http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK/Examples/Cxx/IO/ReadDICOM> - this is for
read and display a single dicom file.

Check out the "examples/medical" Directory in your VTK build path. (or)
http://vtk.org/gitweb?p=VTK.git;a=tree;f=Examples/Medical/Cxx -
medical4.cxx (3d volume rendering)

For constructing the 3D surface rendering you have to use the
vtkmarchingcube.

Hope it helps.

Regards,
Sathish