[vtkusers] Re : User Interaction with MultiBlocDataSet with unstructured Grid

R M mlokida at yahoo.fr
Fri Aug 12 05:14:33 EDT 2011

Hello,

I have see that when using vtkCompositeDataGeometryFilter on the
multiBlockDataSet of UnstructuredGrid, the return vtkPolyData contains twice the
same points array.

I mean, When creating my tetra that I set in the 2 unstructtured grid, they
share the same points array:
points array  [ (0,0,0), (1,2,3), (-1,-2,-4) ]

And when the CompositeDataGeometryFilter is executed, I get the points of the
generated vtkPolyData and I have this:
points array:[ (0,0,0), (1,2,3), (-1,-2,-4), (0,0,0), (1,2,3), (-1,-2,-4)]

How can I do to only have the original points array in the generated polydata: [
(0,0,0), (1,2,3), (-1,-2,-4) ] ? Like this, I could move a point belonging to
two different cells that are in two different blocks.

I have tried on the CompositeDataGeometryFilter but no change:
    info->Set(vtkAlgorithm::PRESERVES_DATASET(), 1);
    info->Set(vtkAlgorithm::PRESERVES_GEOMETRY(), 1);
    info->Set(vtkAlgorithm::PRESERVES_BOUNDS(), 1);
    info->Set(vtkAlgorithm::PRESERVES_TOPOLOGY(), 1);
    info->Set(vtkAlgorithm::PRESERVES_ATTRIBUTES(), 1);
    info->Set(vtkAlgorithm::PRESERVES_RANGES(), 1);

Any idea would be welcome.

Thank you.