[vtkusers] rubber band selection question

Wayne Christopher wayne at 4raccoons.com
Fri Aug 5 15:45:26 EDT 2011

I am using vtkInteractorStyleRubberBandPick to select objects in a
region (I'm getting the bounding planes and doing the selection in my
own data structures).  I would like to also support picking a single
location - if the user releases the mouse without moving more than a
pixel or two, I want to get a vector rather than a frustrum.
vtkInteractorStyleRubberBandPick explicitly ignores the case where the
mouse does not move, though.

What's the best way to do this?  Do I have to set up extra observers for
mouse down and up, or something like that?

Thanks for any help,

     Wayne