[vtkusers] VTK Incident support ?

David E DeMarle dave.demarle at kitware.com
Tue Aug 2 09:22:20 EDT 2011

Yes if you really are stuck I think someone at Kitware could debug
that problem for you through incident support if you can minimize the
amount of code needed to replicate the problem and send it along with
the support request.

A couple of suggestions first:
* Look for uninitialized variables in your code, those are the source
of many works-in-debug-doesn't-work-in-release problems.
* Try using dependency walker to see if there is a library problem in
the release built version and not the debug built version.

On the mechanics on incident support - you can just buy it from our
store (see the "buy now" button right off of
http://www.kitware.com/products/support.html. Once you've done that
you get an email with their invoice number, and instructions on how to
create an account on our help desk. Create a ticket there for the
incident and reference the invoice number in that ticket.

David E DeMarle
Kitware, Inc.
R&D Engineer
28 Corporate Drive