[vtkusers] using vtk & itk together - itkvtkglue

emreturkoz emreturkoz at gmail.com
Mon Aug 1 01:40:49 EDT 2011

I wanted to make the example which combines ITK with VTK called
IO/ImageFileReader from wiki examples.

I'm using c++, Visual Studio 2010 and all latest versions of ITK & VTK

I downloaded itkvtkglue and configured the project using cmake and built it
using visual studio 2010.

but i can't use it when i try to configure the example given. Even though
cmake finds the ItkVtkGlue_DIR by itself, it gives the error that he
couldn't include the necessary file. Fails to
include(${ItkVtkGlue_USE_FILE})

Should I somehow change the folders CMake looks for my ItkVtkGlue header
files?

the error and file content are given below.

CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:6 (include):
  include could not find load file:

    C:/Users/Emre

CMakeLists.txt looks like this:
cmake_minimum_required(VERSION 2.6)

project(ImageFileReader)

find_package(ItkVtkGlue REQUIRED)
*include(${ItkVtkGlue_USE_FILE})*

add_executable(ImageFileReader ImageFileReader.cxx)
target_link_libraries(ImageFileReader
  ItkVtkGlue  ${VTK_LIBRARIES} ${ITK_LIBRARIES})