[vtkusers] Error building VTK 64-bit

Christian Lackas lackas at invicro.com
Mon Apr 25 15:38:14 EDT 2011

* Gib Bogle <g.bogle at auckland.ac.nz> [110424 10:17]:

Hi Gib,

> Thanks.  I made those changes, but I'm still getting an internal
> compiler error.

an ICE is most probably more an issue in your GCC version than in VTK.

> Maybe you are using a more recent compiler version.  Mine is:
> mingw-w64-1.0-bin_i686-mingw_20110207.zip

We are actually using a much older MinGW-w64 version:

    g++.exe (GCC) 4.4.5 20100604 (prerelease) [svn/rev.160271 - mingw-w64/oz]

However, this version has been working very reliably for us in the last
couple of months (e.g. for Qt, VTK, ITK, ImageMagick, Dcmtk, ... and all
of our own code).
We do still have the installer for this version in case you would like
to give it a try, also.

Christian

--
Dr. Christian Lackas, Managing Partner