[vtkusers] Quaternions to orient vtkActor

Thommen Korah thkorah at hotmail.com
Thu Apr 21 20:05:43 EDT 2011

Hi,
I have a quaternion and a vector that describes a vehicle heading direction and position. I want to visualize a textured plane at all the points where this data is available. The plane is texture mapped with an image taken by an onboard camera. I am able to position and texture the planes correctly. I am not sure how to orient the plane using quaternions. The only quaternion functions that VTK use seem to be for slerp.
Basically I want the plane normals aligned with the quaternion axis of rotation (vehicle heading). Is this best done when creating the plane? Or should I change the orientation in the actor? Any help would be great.
Thanks.Thommen