[vtkusers] filter huge vectors

Florian Bruckner e0425375 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 19 07:02:46 EDT 2011

hello,

I am using Paraview (VTK) to visualize some magnetic simulation results.
When I am doing parameter studies and visualize a sequence of
magnetizations i sometimes have to following problem: since the scale is
not reset for each individual result, there is a problem if for some
reasons the magnitude of the vectors changes very much. In this case
Paraview tries to render these way too big vectors, which leads to a
total system stall for a few minutes only to get some un-usefull
results.

one way to cope with this problem is to add a threshold filter, that
filters the huge pointers. but the problem remains if you don't know
that when then magnitude changes or how much.

so my question is, whether there is a more low-level solution for this
problem. I would like to get a simple error message if some vectors are
rendered, which are much bigger than the current display size. Is this
possible anyhow?

thanks
FloB