[vtkusers] Problems using implicitfunctions

Laurent l.paul at uclouvain.be
Thu Sep 30 09:13:29 EDT 2010

This is an update of my findings...

It appears that the clipping is well performed on my polydata.
Unfortunately, the SuperQuadricSource that I see is not exactly the same as
the SuperquadricImplicitFunction. The difference is resolution dependant, I
mean that if I lower the resolution of the SuperQuadricSource, its topology
changes and so, I don't get the same difference.

Thus, Which one is wrong?
Any of them. I have to consider the Source and the ImplicitFunction as two
different objects, and cannot use both of them for display AND for clipping.

I am surprised of not finding a class that computes the intersection between
two PolyDatas. I'll try to write one.

If someone knows a vtk class that is able to do a similar job, thanks to
communicate it!

Laurent.