[vtkusers] Problems using implicitfunctions

Laurent l.paul at uclouvain.be
Tue Sep 28 10:08:58 EDT 2010

Here is an update to that post with new related questions.

I have chosen the 1st solution because it seemed easier. I have recreated a
SuperQuadricImplictFunction and transformed it. I have found the solution to
my transform problem. I had to use the inverse transform to get the correct
localization...

Here are my new questions:
This is a Figure:
http://vtk.1045678.n5.nabble.com/file/n2856813/ClipPolyData.jpg
- When I clip the polydata using the SuperQuadricImplictFunction, the result
is not correct (FigureA-B : clipping output in red, initial PolyData in
white, Quadric in blue). I have generated the clipped output and have
displayed it in blue (Figure E). I haven't see that with vtkPlane.

- To create a mould, I have to clip the SuperQuadric with the initial
polydata. I have created a 2nd clipper with the SuperQuadricSource as input
and an ImplicitDataSet as ClipFunction. I saw in the mailing list that I
have to create a 3D cells using Delaunay3D (I have already scalars value
since polydata are extracted using MarchingCubes).
Why Delaunay3D? My cells are already 3D, no? Delaunay3D changes the topology
of my polydata. Whatever the parameters used.

The result of Delaunay->ImplicitDataSet->Clipping is poor... You can see
huge holes between the clipped PolyData and the clipped SuperQuadric (Figure
C-D).

Any idea?
Is anyone has a better idea to create a mould?

Any help will be appreciated.
Laurent.