[vtkusers] vtk Build for Visual Studio

Bob Palank bob at stlcc.org
Tue Sep 28 16:41:30 EDT 2010

Once I'm done I want VTK 560 content for three folders - bin (holding dlls),
Include (for all header files) and a Lib folder for all lib files.  I'll
move the files into the correct folders on my own.
Building vtk apps requires the include and lib folders and application
execution is dependent on the dlls.  In coding , I use explicit includes and
pragmas ( e.g.

#pragma comment(lib, "d:\\vtk560\\Lib\\vtkRendering.lib")

Now the question in VS 2008 do I right click and build on INSTALL or
ALL_BUILD?
As of now I have everything I need except there are no dlls- not in debug
nor release.
Does the VS2008 Build generate the dlls ? ?
TIA
  Bob