[vtkusers] about SIP python bindings

Lic. José M. Rodriguez Bacallao jmrbcu at gmail.com
Tue Sep 28 11:18:29 EDT 2010

yes I saw SIP_INCLUDE_DIR and pointed it to my sip.h dir but when I
build, I get an error pointing that there is no such file or
directory. Also, I have my own version of PyQt build against my own
version of sip (PyQt 4.7.7 and SIP 4.11.1). This is because I use dip
which need PyQt >= 4.7.7. So, my thinking is that cmake is not finding
the correct version of sip and its path (the only one installed in the
system right now)

On 9/28/10, Clinton Stimpson <clinton at elemtech.com> wrote:
> On Tuesday, September 28, 2010 08:28:41 am Lic. José M. Rodriguez Bacallao
> wrote:
>> hi folks, I am very excited  with the new python bindings for
>> QVTKWidget(2) in vtk. I have built vtk with sip support, the problem
>> is as I mentioned in a past mail that I cannot have two different
>> versions of sip installed, so I remove sip 4.10.5 and installed sip
>> 4.11.1. the problem is that for building vtk sip bindings, sip must be
>> installed in a standard location, at least sip.h header file must be
>> in /usr/include/python2.x/ or need to have a link to it in that path.
>> No matter if with cmake I specified that all sip things are in other
>> loacation than standard, vtk (cmake) keep thinking that is installed
>> in a standard location, how can I avoid this?
>
> If you want your own sip, that's fine.  I suggest you also have your own
> python
> to install that sip in.  Then you should probably build your own PyQt on
> that
> new version of sip.
> Is there a reason you need that version of sip?
> Also, there is a SIP_INCLUDE_DIR cmake variable for pointing to a sip.h
> file.
>
> Clint

> http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK_FAQ

Lic. José M. Rodriguez Bacallao
Centro de Biofisica Medica
Todos somos muy ignorantes, lo que ocurre es que no todos ignoramos lo mismo.

Recuerda: El arca de Noe fue construida por aficionados, el titanic
por profesionales