[vtkusers] How to visualize thousands of actors with good performance

Affolter Martin martin.affolter at ntb.ch
Tue Sep 28 11:17:10 EDT 2010

Pascal,

thanks for sharing your experience. I've been told that combining polydata and creating a single pipeline with one mapper and one actor would speed things up dramatically. That makes sense, unfortunately it is not an option for us. We want to be able to pick each actor separately and change its color and transparency. I'm afraid this will not be possible with just one actor...?

Martin Affolter