[vtkusers] VTK and MinGW on Windows 7

David Gobbi david.gobbi at gmail.com
Fri Sep 24 00:06:38 EDT 2010

On Thu, Sep 23, 2010 at 9:45 PM, Jim Peterson <jimcp at cox.net> wrote:
> David Gobbi wrote:
>>
>> Try adding the following bits to CMake/KitCommonJavaWrapBlock.cmake,
>> it might be the only change that is needed.
>>
>> IF(WIN32 AND NOT CYGWIN)
>>  SET_TARGET_PROPERTIES(vtk${KIT}Java PROPERTIES PREFIX "")
>> ENDIF(WIN32 AND NOT CYGWIN)
>>

> David
> ok, I made that change to KitCommonJavaWrapBlock.cmake, and a similar change
> for libraries vtk$(KIT) in KitCommonBlock.cmake. The common library has
> completed and appears to have the correct names. I will do a run test
> tomorrow, but I believe it will be a working system with this change. There
> are still a number of libvtk datasets, but I am hopeful they will not be an
> issue. my Visual studio build has a vtkDICOMParser.dll, and
> vtkDICOMParser.lib. the MingW had libvtkDICOMParser.dll  and
> libvtkDICOMParser.dll.a.
> I am not sure I will know whether I have run a test that will verify use of
> failure to load these libraries, they appear to be a third level of library
> I have not directly dealt with. I do have a DICOM input test I can run in
> Java.

You can run the basic java cone test with "ctest -R Java".

Did you remove the vtk${KIT} library prefixes because it was necessary
in order to get it to compile?  I ask because if just changing the
vtk${KIT}Java prefixes is enough, then that is an easy change for me
to push, but if you need to remove the remove all the lib prefixes,
then that is a bigger change than I would feel comfortable with.  I
don't use VTK on mingw myself, so I'd have to leave a change like that
to the experts.

  David