[vtkusers] VTK and MinGW on Windows 7

Jim Peterson jimcp at cox.net
Thu Sep 23 23:45:56 EDT 2010

David Gobbi wrote:
> Try adding the following bits to CMake/KitCommonJavaWrapBlock.cmake,
> it might be the only change that is needed.
>
> IF(WIN32 AND NOT CYGWIN)
>   SET_TARGET_PROPERTIES(vtk${KIT}Java PROPERTIES PREFIX "")
> ENDIF(WIN32 AND NOT CYGWIN)

David
ok, I made that change to KitCommonJavaWrapBlock.cmake, and a similar
change for libraries vtk$(KIT) in KitCommonBlock.cmake. The common
library has completed and appears to have the correct names. I will do a
run test tomorrow, but I believe it will be a working system with this
change. There are still a number of libvtk datasets, but I am hopeful
they will not be an issue. my Visual studio build has a
vtkDICOMParser.dll, and vtkDICOMParser.lib. the MingW had
libvtkDICOMParser.dll  and libvtkDICOMParser.dll.a.
I am not sure I will know whether I have run a test that will verify use
of failure to load these libraries, they appear to be a third level of
library I have not directly dealt with. I do have a DICOM input test I
can run in Java.

thanks,
Jim