[vtkusers] VTK Python Wrap - libvtkCommonPythonD.so.5.7: cannot open shared object file

Wendel Silva wendelbsilva at gmail.com
Wed Sep 22 15:28:36 EDT 2010

Hi,

I just compiled the last VTK version with the Wrapping for Python, but it
doesnt seems to work here.
I didnt get errors during the compilation. I checked the access permission
in the folders/files and looks fine. I checked the PYTHONPATH and everything
seems right.

Im getting the following error:

Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "test.py", line 1, in <module>
>     import vtk
>   File "/home/wendel/Desktop/vtk-build/Wrapping/Python/vtk/__init__.py",
> line 41, in <module>
>     from common import *
>   File "/home/wendel/Desktop/vtk-build/Wrapping/Python/vtk/common.py", line
> 7, in <module>
>     from libvtkCommonPython import *
> ImportError: libvtkCommonPythonD.so.5.7: cannot open shared object file: No
> such file or directory

Im using vtk on Ubuntu 10.04 LTS.

Thanks,

Wendel B Silva