[vtkusers] Addobserver handling a progressbar

Denis Martin dm at wicam.com
Wed Sep 22 07:44:40 EDT 2010

Dear VTK users,

i hope somebody can give me advise for handling a progress bar.

I use vtkstlreader for reading some stl file I have add observer to check
start, end, and progress event this works fine.

But I don't know how long it take for exemple to read a big stl file.

Question is how to compute estimated load time for an stl reader.

Next step I want to use observer for rendering the model.

Is there also a method to compute rendering time ? and then handle the
progress bar.

Thanks you for info or sample code.

Denis