[vtkusers] Build error C1083

Bob Palank bob at stlcc.org
Mon Sep 20 18:22:19 EDT 2010

Running XP Pro SP3 and  VS2008 Pro using  .Net 3.5 SP1 with a new vtk 5.6.0
build/install

Trying to build the cone example but with most code is commented out.

Without the line of code below, I get a clean build.

 #include "d:\vtk560\include\vtkConeSource.h"

With it, the following error is generated:

Error      2              fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file:
'vtkstd/vector': No such file or directory
d:\vtk560\include\vtkunicodestring.h    51           ConeFor2008

So apparently vtkConeSource uses  vtkunicodestring.h(Sandia Labs Code c
2008) which has

#include <vtkstd/vector> in it.

I don't want to change copyrighted Sandia code   8-)

I suspect many have a clean build of all  vtk 5.6.0 files placed in
appropriate bin, include, and lib folders for VS 2008 VC++

If available, I'd like to download a proven source and  compare that to what
I have.

Any ideas?

Bob