[vtkusers] Get a list of selected graph vertices

David Doria daviddoria at gmail.com
Sun Sep 19 13:34:53 EDT 2010

On Sun, Sep 19, 2010 at 1:12 PM, Jim Peterson <jimcp at cox.net> wrote:
> David,
> The example compiles and executes, and has no other description of what is
> intended, so my read is "it works".  I cannot determine what you think the
> intended result is, we appear to be adding two identical vertices, (have you
> verified v1 and v2 are actually different?)  and creating two identical
> edges. could you describe what is expected from this code?
>
> thanks,
> Jim

Hi Jim,

I added a modified description of my original post to the top of the
example: http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK/Examples/Cxx/Broken/Graphs/SelectedVertices

FYI, when the link contains "Broken", the only way to get to the
example is from the "Broken" section
(http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK/Examples/Cxx#Broken.2FMissing_Examples_.28Please_write.2Ffix_me.21.29)
so there should be no reasonable expectation by a viewer that it
should work :) haha. Please feel free to adopt some of these broken
examples as you have time!

What I am trying to do is simply get a list (or output) the IDs of the
vertices that the user selects. Exactly like this:
http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK/Examples/Cxx/Picking/HighlightSelectedPoints
but with a graph.

Thanks,

David