[vtkusers] Beginner's install problem

David Doria daviddoria+vtk at gmail.com
Thu Sep 16 16:51:13 EDT 2010

On Thu, Sep 16, 2010 at 4:34 PM, Barney Sperlin <bsperlinus at yahoo.com>wrote:

> Hello,
>     I downloaded the 5.6 Windows Installer from
> http://www.vtk.org/VTK/resources/software.html
>     but I can't find the include (and maybe lib) files to point my Visual
> Studio 2005 express to (for C++).  Where are they (such as
> <vtkSmartPointer.h>)?
>     Thanks,
>         Barney

Does anyone actually use this Tcl only thing? It seems very misleading. And
it is the most prominent thing on the page, but I'd guess not very used.
 Thoughts? Are there statistics on the downloads (though they may be
misleading because of the number of people who try this first before
realizing they have to build from source to really get the library).

David