[vtkusers] vtkODBCDatabase used on an Access database file (.mdb)notworking.

Jim Peterson jimcp at cox.net
Sat Oct 30 17:02:06 EDT 2010

donnyz at charter.net wrote:
> Sorry. It is failing on the db->open call. I set DebugOn on the db and looked at the source code for vtkODBCDatabase and I can verify that the SQLDriverConnect call is where it is failing which is also the call that is failing with my odbc test tool. I will have to do some checking on how to set the proper DataSource on an odbc driver.  Thanks for the help.

The only curious part I could see was this setting of the connection string:

db->SetDataSourceName("Driver={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)};Dbq=\"C:\\Data\\app.3dd\";Uid=Admin;Pwd=;");

why exactly do you have the extra " in the dbq string? and is your
access database actually not named .mdb? can access open it by
association that way?

Hope that helps,
Jim