[vtkusers] vtkCubeAxesActor question

David Doria daviddoria at gmail.com
Wed Oct 27 21:17:33 EDT 2010

On Wed, Oct 27, 2010 at 7:45 PM, Scott Fowler <s.fowler at tecplot.com> wrote:

>  I'm currently using vtkCubeAxesActor and I want to adjust the length of
> each axis such that they're the same length.   My data has a fairly high
> aspect ratio and the default behavior of vtkCubeAxesActor makes the
> variation in Z hard to see.
>

> I'm new to VTK and don't see an obvious method that allows me to change the
> axis length.
>

> Thanks!
>
> Scott

To change the axes, you have to pass SetBounds a 6-vector

double bounds[6] = {xmin, xmax, ymin, ymax, zmin, zmax};

of the bounds of the axes. It looks like it was designed just to take the
bounds of an input data set, as I have illustrated here:

http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK/Examples/Cxx/Visualization/CubeAxesActor

Let us know if you have any more questions.

David