[vtkusers] Nubie OS X question.

Jim Peterson jimcp at cox.net
Mon Oct 25 07:01:31 EDT 2010

Barry wrote:
> Hello All
>
> So I've been able to build and install vtk in 64 bit on OS X 10.6.4
> using Cmake.
>
> I Git a copy of SimpleCocoaVTK, made some simple adjustments to get it
> to compile in 64 bit for 10.6.
Barry,
I am not an OS X user, but the above statement attracts my attention. Be
sure you built vtk with the VTK_USE_64BIT_IDS checked. I don't believe
there should be any "minor adjustments" required to get a 64 bit
executable on any platform. be sure you have examined the "Advanced"
setting for cmake as advised in the readme files.

No disrespect intended, but I believe "Advanced" should actually read
"Now check the detail options to make something that will actually
work". In my opinion, many of the options initially hidden are very much
required to be examined. Maybe renaming this to "details" would better
convey the intent. Advanced gives the impression of optional as opposed
to options.

Hope that helps,
Jim