[vtkusers] Writing vtkPolyData to a database as a BLOB

Adam R. Gerlach agerlach at gmail.com
Mon Oct 18 11:24:07 EDT 2010

Hello,

I am using VTK 5.6 with QT 4.7. For my application I need to be able to load
a *.ply file process the mesh and then save some parameters and the
underlying mesh to a mySQL database.  My thought was that I would be able to
store an vtkPolyData object as a BLOB. I can use VTK or QT to connect to the
database (I would prefer to use QT). Once simple way would be to represent
the vtkPolyData object as a bytearray or Qbytearray. Does anybody know have
any suggestions on how to do this?

Thanks,
Adam