[vtkusers] coordinate transformation between polydata and image data

Sara Rolfe smrolfe at u.washington.edu
Sun Oct 17 23:36:35 EDT 2010

Hello,

Sorry if this is a simple questions.  I have a 3D image which I
extract a contour from using vtkContourFilter.  The output of this is
polydata.  I'm interested in taking a point of interest from the
polydata and finding the approximate corresponding point in the
original image.  This seems to be a simple task, but I'm confused
because the point locations appear to be in a different coordinate
space.  The bounds of the polydata are greater than the region of the
original image.  If I'm understanding this correctly, where can I find
out what this transformation is, or how can I transform the polydata
point locations back into voxel space?

Thanks,
Sara