[vtkusers] About read the STL format file

Jim Peterson jimcp at cox.net
Sun Oct 10 14:06:45 EDT 2010

myaqua1982 wrote:
> Hi Jim,
> I think the pic can show the problem clearly.
> The STL shows in the above part. I add an sphere object in the
> lower-left part. The size of the two axesactors is different. But I
> added them in the same way.
> So I think there are some differences between the coordinate of the
> STL and the coordinate of the object which I add to the renderwindow
> or some other aspect. I don't know if I have made you understand.

Please make replies to the group, The knowledge of the group is much
more useful than just mine.

The picture does not give me any idea what problem you want solved. Is
the object mirrored on some axis?  the standard initial view in vtk is
x increases to the viewers right, y increases up, and z increases
towards the viewer.

I think it would be best if you post a code example.

Jim