[vtkusers] About read the STL format file

David Doria daviddoria at gmail.com
Sun Oct 10 13:58:43 EDT 2010

On Sun, Oct 10, 2010 at 1:54 PM, myaqua1982 <myaqua1982 at 163.com> wrote:

>  Hi David,
>
> I think the pic can show the problem clearly.
> The STL shows in the above part. I add an sphere object in the lower-left
> part. The size of the two axesactors is different. But I added them in the
> same way.
> So I think there are some differences between the coordinate of the STL and
> the coordinate of the object which I add to the renderwindow or some other
> aspect. I don't know if I have made you understand.
>  2010-10-11

I think the size of the axes actors is different simply because the camera
settings are different. A call to ResetCamera() on the RenderWindow will
adjust the camera parameters so that the scene is viewed in a "reasonable"
way.

It looks to me like your data is just pretty large (maybe the x bounds are
[0, 5000] or something like that). I don't think that anything needs to be
changed. Again, what is it that you're trying to do that this is causing a
problem?

David