[vtkusers] Generate meshes for contour data which have several curves in one contour?

Ashika Umanga Umagiliya aumanga at biggjapan.com
Tue Oct 5 23:07:29 EDT 2010

Greetings all,

I have stack of contours which generated using someother algorithm outside
VTK.
Each contour consists of several curves .

Please refer to image at :

http://oi52.tinypic.com/14xkobc.jpg

As seen in the image, each curve has an ID to identify which level it
is.(Curves in same level have identical color)

Now I want to generate Meshes using "vtkVoxelContoursToSurfaceFilter" for
each of this Curve set belong.
That is, one mesh for contours in Blue color , another mesh for contours in
Orange color ..and so on..
And I should keep the relative positions of these Meshes. And should color
each generated mesh in different color.

I keep a list of  "vtkAppendPolyData"  for each Curve set.

But I am not sure where I should go after this?
1.Shall I create seperate Actors for each Mesh ? If so how can I keep the
relative positions of Meshes. (vtkVoxelContoursToSurfaceFilter change the
origin right?)
2.Can I use vtkVoxelContoursToSurfaceFilter.SetInputConnection(int
port,vtkAlgorithmOutput) and use different port number for each curves
"vtkAppendPolyData".

Any tips,

thanks in advance,
umanga