[vtkusers] Execute filter asynchronous

David Gobbi david.gobbi at gmail.com
Fri Nov 26 10:44:53 EST 2010

Hi Jan,

Separate pipelines can execute in separate threads.   But you cannot execute
different portions of the same pipeline in different threads.  And in
general, a mapper cannot be executed independent of its actor.

So what you want is to have your simulation code (without the rendering part
of the pipeline) running in one thread, and then have a way of copying the
resulting data over to the UI thread whenever you want to render it.  I
don't have any example code, but I know that people have done things like
this with VTK.

  David