[vtkusers] PedigreeIds arrays don't propogate accross a pipeline

Eric E. Monson emonson at cs.duke.edu
Fri Nov 5 09:03:16 EDT 2010

Hey Jenya,

I'm not totally sure, but it may be that you're having problems because you're assigning the Pedigree IDs "outside the pipeline". So, when the pipeline updates, it doesn't know to re-run your pedigree ids assignment statement. Instead of that first line, try putting a vtkAssignAttributes filter into the pipeline:

http://www.vtk.org/doc/nightly/html/classvtkAssignAttribute.html

with a call something like:

m_assignAttributes->Assign("arrayName", vtkDataSetAttributes::PEDIGREEIDS, vtkAssignAttribute::POINT_DATA);

or

m_assignAttributes->Assign(vtkDataSetAttributes::SCALARS, vtkDataSetAttributes::PEDIGREEIDS, vtkAssignAttribute::POINT_DATA);

will work if the array you want is already the "active" scalar attribute.

-Eric

Eric E Monson
Duke Visualization Technology Group