[vtkusers] Binding Java: java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError

Jeff Baumes jeff.baumes at kitware.com
Wed May 26 12:41:28 EDT 2010

Dependency walker can be a big help in tracking down these types of issues.

I know you probably don't want to compile VTK yet again, but you could
also try Visual Studio Express (the free version). Visual Studio is
the most tested method of building VTK on Windows.

Jeff

On Wed, May 26, 2010 at 12:14 PM, Leguay Romain
<romain.leguay at etu.u-bordeaux1.fr> wrote:
> Thank you Jeff for your quick answer. I put the Java path to user Path
> because I can't access to System Path. Moreover, I don't have the Debug
> folder in VTKBuild. Unfortunately, the same error exist.
> My jdk version is 1.6.20, any incompatibility exists?
> Another thing I forgot to mention is the fact to rename Vtk dll to remove
> the "lib" characters (for example libvtkCommonJava.dll ->
> vtkCommonJava.dll). Is this normal?
> Thanks,
> Romain
>
> Jeff Baumes <jeff.baumes at kitware.com> a écrit :
>
>> I have the following notes for running Java on windows.
>>
>> When running, add the following to the system PATH:
>>
>> VTKBuildDir/bin/Debug
>> C:/Program Files/Java/jdk1.6.0_13/jre/bin
>> C:/Program Files/Java/jdk1.6.0_13/jre/bin/server
>>
>> HTH,
>> Jeff
>>
>> On Wed, May 26, 2010 at 11:27 AM, Leguay Romain
>> <romain.leguay at etu.u-bordeaux1.fr> wrote:
>>>
>>> It's me again. I have a new error:
>>> java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: N:\VTK\bin\vtkCommonJava.dll: Can't find
>>> dependent libraries
>>>        at java.lang.ClassLoader$NativeLibrary.load(Native Method)
>>>        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary0(Unknown Source)
>>>        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary(Unknown Source)
>>>        at java.lang.Runtime.loadLibrary0(Unknown Source)
>>>        at java.lang.System.loadLibrary(Unknown Source)
>>>        at test.Test.<clinit>(Test.java:15)
>>> Exception in thread "main"
>>> When I test dependencies of vtkCommonJava.dll, the msjava.dll is missing.
>>> download this dll and add to the path but, unfortunately, the same error
>>> appears.
>>> I have no idea why Java can't find dependent libraries is anyone have a
>>> clue?
>>> Thanks,