[vtkusers] [Insight-users] visualization-problem after segmentation and cropping

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Tue May 25 11:00:30 EDT 2010

Hi Yusuf,

When you are debugging a pipeline you should
start by verifying that the data has been properly
loaded in memory, and then you should proceed
to check out the output of every intermediate filter
in order: from source to final output.

Please start by doing the following:

    Verify that you succeeded reading the DICOM series.

    Simply write the output of the Series reader to
    an output file.

    This essentially the code that you will see in
    the example:

    Insight/Examples/IO/
        DicomSeriesReadImageWrite2.cxx

    Open that file with any visualization software

    For example:

    1) Paraview. (http://www.paraview.org)  or
    2) Slicer, (http://www.slicer.org)  or
    3) SNAP, (http://sourceforge.net/projects/itk-snap/)  or
    4) VV (http://www.creatis.insa-lyon.fr/rio/vv)

Please let us know if you manage to do that initial
test, (it will be great if you post a screen shot of
that output image)

and then we will guide you to the next step.

    Regards,

         Luis