[vtkusers] VTK + CMAKE + compiling errors

Lucian Goron luciangoron at gmail.com
Tue May 25 06:57:07 EDT 2010

My problem's background. I saved my work directory, with all my sources and
libraries, formatted my HDD, installed lucid lynx, and copied my work
directory back.

At first my home directory was /home/lucian/, but my old one has been
/home/goron/. So, I created another user with root privileges.

But, there are still errors ?!

goron at schwarz:~/work/ransac/build$ make
Linking CXX executable coloredElevationMap
/home/goron/TUM/source/VTK-CVS/build/bin/libvtkCommon.so: file not
recognized: File truncated

collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[2]: *** [coloredElevationMap] Error 1
make[1]: *** [CMakeFiles/coloredElevationMap.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2
goron at schwarz:~/work/ransac/build$

I did search libvtkCommon.so and it revealed

root at schwarz:/# find /home/goron/ -name 'libvtkCommon.so'
/home/goron/TUM/source/VTK-CVS/build/bin/libvtkCommon.so
/home/goron/TUM/source/VTK-CVS/build/Common/CMakeFiles/CMakeRelink.dir/libvtkCommon.so

So, do I really need to re-build what is in

/home/goron/TUM/source/VTK-CVS

or is there another way ?

Thank you for any suggestions !

Cheers,