[vtkusers] Mesh regions

Jing Li jli023 at cs.auckland.ac.nz
Wed May 19 20:49:47 EDT 2010

Hi all,

I use vtkDelaunay2D to make a constrained triangulation mesh from a set of
points  and a set of polylines (see attached image). I need to mark the mesh
into different regions, such as using red to render the triangles of a
region inside a contour, and using blue to render the triangles of a region
between two contours.

My question is how to divide the mesh into regions by the constrained
polylines?

Here is part of my code:

this->terrainRawData->InsertNextCell(VTK_POLY_LINE, cellIdList); // the
cellIdList represents a polyline

this->terrainRawData->SetPoints(this->terrainPts);

vtkSmartPointer<vtkPolyData> aPolyData =
vtkSmartPointer<vtkPolyData>::New();

aPolyData->SetPoints(this->terrainPts);

vtkSmartPointer<vtkDelaunay2D> delaunay2D =
vtkSmartPointer<vtkDelaunay2D>::New();

      delaunay2D->SetInput( aPolyData );

      delaunay2D->SetSource( this->terrainRawData );

      delaunay2D->Update();

      this->terrainTri = delaunay2D->GetOutput();

Thank you very much,

Jing