[vtkusers] rendering transparency problems

Jim Rowe J.Rowe at questintegrity.com
Tue May 18 18:47:56 EDT 2010

Hi All,

I am have a multi-layered render window and I am having problems with
the top renderer not rendering the actor clearly-it shows up speckled,
as if the actor behind it is showing through.   The topology is not
coincident, so I am not sure where the problem is.

If I set the renderer of the front layer to erase using
myFrontRenderer.EraseOn(), then it all renders cleanly, but it also
makes any part of that layer that should be logically behind the back
layer visible.

I also put the actors all into the same renderer and it still looked
speckled.

Any suggestions on how I can achieve a cleanly rendered view?   I've
attached two images that illustrate the problem.

Regards,

--Jim