[vtkusers] Converting a Structured Points File to an Unstructured Points/Grid File

David Doria daviddoria+vtk at gmail.com
Wed May 12 19:10:14 EDT 2010

> Hi again
> I thought this was working but it turns out not to be.
> I've tried several ways to do this but no success. I would have thought that
>  vtkStructuredPointsToUnstructuredGrid would work but for some reason, I
> keep getting compilation errors whenever I try to instantiate this.
> I'd appreciate if someone could show me how to accomplish this.
> Thanks
> Theodore

vtkStructuredPointsToUnstructuredGrid is an abstract class, so you
can't instantiate it. I don't see any derived classes, so it looks
like this is just supposed to be for the user to subclass and write
their own algorithm that takes a structuredpoints and produces an
unstructuredgrid.

I think this is what you want though:

http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK/Examples/StructuredPoints/StructuredPointsToUnstructuredGrid

There is no reason this should be so hard/not built in...

Thanks,

David