[vtkusers] Screenshots

Chris Turner cturnercomplex at googlemail.com
Tue May 11 13:46:13 EDT 2010

Hi Everyone,

I'm running an longtime experiment and want to capture screenshots of
different stages. I use the vtkWindowToImageFilter and it works as
long as the VTK Window is on top of the desktop. When I'm on a other
desktop (I'm under linux) or when the screensaver is on I get a
screenshot of my other desktop or the screensaver. (The screenshot is
actually cropped to the exact size of my vtk Window - but doesn't show
the VTK window)

So first of all is this suppose to be so or am I doing something wrong?

2. Is there another way to capture a vtk scene in an Image. Without
using vtkWindowToImageFilter or without needing the VTk window on top
of everything.....

Thanks,
Chris