[vtkusers] Reslicing issues (Continued)

Scott Johnson Scott.Johnson at neuwave.com
Tue May 11 13:01:15 EDT 2010

Hi Folks,

I officially throw myself on the mercy of the VTK Gods.

My platform is VTK 5.4.2 on Windows XP.

I've been working on this reslice issue off and on for awhile now and am
officially stumped.  I've worked up a piece of code which could
eventually be turned into an example for the examples list if desired.
I'll attach the code and a CMakeLists.txt file.  If the image data I've
been using is needed I'll need somewhere to put it.  (It's 22 MB zipped
and not suitable to attach to an email.)

The application is attempting to display resliced image data and an
intersection with a polygonal shape.  The Axial view works fine, but the
other views don't show the sliced sphere in the proper location.  They
do show up on the proper slice, but not in the proper XY location in the
viewport.  I seem to be running into a fundamental problem when
converting between the original image coordinate system and the resliced
coordinate system.

The attached code is annotated with 'PROBLEM' in the comments which is
outlining the problems I've been running into.  I'll chalk this up to a
learning experience which builds character.

Any help is appreciated.  Thanks

                                -- Scott